[Cin] Valgrind

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sun May 17 03:02:59 CEST 2020

Andrea,
GG checked into GIT the changes as was in the 2 files sent yesterday along
with 4 fixes that came out of your Valgrinds so that is a really good
thing.  Each valgrind produced results for improvement.  When/if you have
time could you do 1 more because the 2nd one you did already had the LV2
plugins loaded?  So the first time AFTER you did a build, when you run
Cinelerra it will reload the plugins so that is when you have to have
Valgrind going.  If you miss, then in Settings->Preferences, the Interface
tab, you can "reload plugins" and that will load them again (and make sure
you have valgrind going).

To run gdb, this is how I do it.
First do what you did:

> Before doing a gdb is better to do a "make clean" and then
> again "./bld.sh" followed by "CFLAGS=-ggdb make -j16 rebuild_all"

0) you only have to do CFLAGS step one time after each bld.sh step

1) cd cinelerra_path/cinelerra
2) gdb ./ci
(gdb) handle SIG32 pass nostop noprint
(gdb) set pa off
run

Don't give up! Let us know where/if you get stopped again.

But gdb still doesn't work: