[Cin] Tracking (or tracer?) control points

Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux rafamar.mm.ig at gmail.com
Mon May 18 11:18:25 CEST 2020

I first apologize for getting into the conversation.
Now I am going to indicate how we do the technicians who are dedicated to
postproduction and FX.
We would never use a lit screen, the light always forms an aurea that later
is difficult to remove, in the specific case of the video you put as an
example, the mobile would be off, black does not create aureas.
What if it is done is with some pure green stickers, it is to cut some
corners or points that we put at the ends of the screen, see the image, and
try to imagine that it is off, so we would not have this annoying green
aurea. View image.
[image: image.png]
Never use lighting elements to perform this type of task, luminescence is
something that has caused many repetitions of shots in FX and can ruin a
job, in fact your finish if it had been on a black screen, you would have
avoided these annoying green reflections in the cut out.
[image: image.png]
I would take this shot with the phone turned off and some small labels in
the corners, to try the motion tracker.

The use of chroma does not make sense in this case, we are not going to
make a cut, but an overlay.
The corners glued to the mobile will greatly facilitate the tracking tool
to follow the movement, since these tools follow pixels, so it is best to
make working with these marks easier.

Anyway, FX technicians have always greatly appreciated the effort of
programmers in creating motion tracking tools. But sometimes it ends
earlier with a frame-by-frame rotoscopy job, than fighting with the
tracking tools and their laborious corrections.

In this case I would try with the screen off, the color reference in the
corners, some small stickers and if the tracker does not satisfy me, I
would do it frame by frame, with the perspective tool.