[Cin] Use MAXCHANNELS define in mwindow.C

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Nov 22 10:32:01 CET 2020

В сообщении от Sunday 22 November 2020 11:39:25 Igor BEGHETTO via Cin написал(а):
> Andrew, thanks for confirm the code about.
> Yes it is true, you can delete audio tracks and change number of
> channels in Setting->Format, and use GangChannel/GangMedia. As you saw
> in my example CinelerraGG always create all audio tracks that the clip
> contains (in the example there are empty audio tracks) and that is
> right. Audio Channels are not audio tracks and I would leave max
> channels to 6. I think it may be a good standard when there are more
> than 6 channels.

There is 7.1 setup on my audiocard:

aplay -L
null
jack
    JACK Audio Connection Kit
sysdefault:CARD=SB
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Default Audio Device
front:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    Front speakers
surround21:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
    2.1 Surround output to Front and Subwoofer speakers
surround40:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround41:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround50:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround51:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog
surround71:CARD=SB,DEV=0
    HDA ATI SB, ALC892 Analog

Anyway, my point was you can't see if track/ch is empty or full before you load it.
In unmodified case you better to check media info in asset window and then
abjust channels for newly-created project. Some manual work.

Also,  using same define for all codebase allow you to change things in one
central place, without remembering this special number in this specific file.

And finally, my change shouldn't affect your usual files. And really pathological/broken
files with 1000 channels still will be cut down to reasonable amount of channels.
You can manipulate all tracks via GUI, but this *6* number must be changed in code and Cin recompiled -
some time on user end, if user will be curious enough to investigate this limitation.

But again, I can carry this patch locally and dealt with consequences too ...