[Cin] Can 'play track' status propagate to ganged tracks?

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 12:08:34 CEST 2020

I don't think I understood the request very well. If by "ganged" you
mean the "Master track" button, then IgorBeg's answer is valid; if you
mean the "Gang fader" button then read below.
Let's make an example: we have 5 audio tracks. tracks 1 and 2 are the
musical background and are stereo; 3 and 4 are sound effects and are
stereo; finally track 5 is the voice and is mono.
If I understand correctly you want to disable play track only for the
first two (for example) and you want to get this automatically, acting
only on track 1, because they are ganged ("gang fader" button) unlike
the others. So disabling track 1 will automatically disable track 2 to
which it is ganged, but not the other tracks (which are not ganged).
The idea is good but, in my opinion, it leads to too much work and
design in constantly changing the ganged tracks (first track 1 and 2,
then only track 3 and 4, then 1 and 2 and 5, etc). Much better to use
Shift+click on the "Play track" button of track 1 that disables it
(or, on the contrary, enables it) and at the same time enables
(disables) the playtrack of ALL the other tracks. Then we can also
disable track2 (without Shift) so that we have disabled only track 1
and 2 but not all the others.
Instructions can be found in the manual, section 5.1.