[Cin] New feature: enhanced Motion plugin

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Sun Sep 20 08:53:12 CEST 2020

On Sat, 19 Sep 2020, Phyllis Smith via Cin wrote:

> checked it into GIT.  Andrea volunteered to remake the motion.png in the
> Cakewalk theme because it was suggested that all of the images be in the
> same theme so as not to confuse "new users".  Some of us "old users" like
> me have their preferred themes and I refuse to switch !  I have not updated

In principle, I did not even mentioned to include the GUI screenshot into
the manual. I meant, while editing manual a programmer could prefer to
quickly look on such an image, how exactly some GUI controls are called
there. Without the need to rebild and start the whole software.

Of course, if ever insert such a picture in the manual, it should be made
under the standard theme used throughout the manual.

Somewhen I tried also to force myself to switch to the new theme, and this
trial was unsuccessful to me;-)

> > GG thinks it is probably OK to eliminate Motion CV and HV as it really
> does confuse things.  But I just do not know if there are users out there
> who have existing projects that may be using them.

As an intermediate measure, it might be possible to comment out the
redundant plugins from plugin_defs but leave for some transition time in the
source distribution.

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru