[Cin] vp9 row-mt parameter?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Aug 5 19:57:53 CEST 2021

I found this thread while looking at av1 parameters..

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41372045/vp9-encoding-limited-to-4-threads

====
Apparently since ffmpeg 3.3/libvpx 1.6.2, there is now support -row-mt=1
option which provides better encoding parallelization and more than 4
threads for 1080p content. Threadripper guys go nuts! -
groups.google.com/a/webmproject.org/forum/#!topic/codec-devel/… –
Programster Oct 29 '17 at 10:15

===
As some people in comments and below have already commented, more recent
versions of libvpx support -row-mt 1 to enable tile row multi-threading.

===

we use libvpx 1.8.2 / ffmpeg 4.3 so it should be applicable to us

can anyone test few vp9 profiles modified with this parameter? (on high-cpu
machines)