[Cin] in/out point selected plugin attach fix?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Aug 8 00:59:26 CEST 2021

On Saturday, August 7, 2021, Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

> But there must be one more place that needs the same type of fix yet for
>>> GANG audio mode.  This is currently working if you drag an audio plugin to
>>> a 2-channel audio track - that is, when you get back to regular mode you
>>> can see that the plugin is on both audio tracks.  But when you have In/Out
>>> pointers and use the "attach effect" method instead, it only shows on the
>>> initial track.
>>>

>> i tried to add two more lines into mwindowedit.C
>>

>> and for me I can select in/out points for two gang modes where sound
>> tracks collapsed on timeline (with 6ch divx) and then use audio > attach
>> effect for inserting effect and it propagates correctly
>>

> Not sure why but this patch did not work for me.  When I drag effect from
> Resources in Gang Channels mode both tracks of 2-track audio get the
> plugin.  BUT when I attach effect only the 1 channel gets the plugin.  This
> is with just the 3 first patches in (not the 0004-Attempt-at...which I will
> comment on later).  Andrea, did this work for you?

well, I think this specific patch makes no difference - I commented out  if
condition out and it was still working as before. So you can drop this one.

most interesting will be test 0004/0005 patches together, and may be extend
patch 0005 with play_only_set_trks_in_gang_mode hidden settings (so more
fine-grained control over cingg's behavior will be possible.)

i added mail list as recipient because I think you wanted this mail to be
seen there.