[Cin] in/out point selected plugin attach fix?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Aug 7 06:11:53 CEST 2021

On Saturday, August 7, 2021, Andrew Randrianasulu <randrianasulu at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Saturday, August 7, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <
> cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org> wrote:
>
>> Andrew, more testing of "many tracks (armed/disarmed), many plugins,
>> shared plugins, gang modes, etc...?" and it seems like a really good fix.
>> Will wait to hear back from Andrea too.
>>
>> But there must be one more place that needs the same type of fix yet for
>> GANG audio mode.  This is currently working if you drag an audio plugin to
>> a 2-channel audio track - that is, when you get back to regular mode you
>> can see that the plugin is on both audio tracks.  But when you have In/Out
>> pointers and use the "attach effect" method instead, it only shows on the
>> initial track.
>>

> i tried to add two more lines into mwindowedit.C
>

> and for me I can select in/out points for two gang modes where sound
> tracks collapsed on timeline (with 6ch divx) and then use audio > attach
> effect for inserting effect and it propagates correctly

apoarently this patch was invalid.

but I played more with gang modes and effect attach to protected (unarmed)
tracks and IMO there was bug

If I attach effect in gang mode channels or media it will attach itself to
all suitable channels, even unarmed!

attached patch fix this, but i haven't tested for example two 6ch audio
media on all different tracks..