[Cin] in/out point selected plugin attach fix?

Igor BEGHETTO igorbeg at visi1.org
Sun Aug 8 12:34:04 CEST 2021

> just I thought documentation always can be changed/extended if new
> idea how to get it work both ways can be found.

Yes, you are right, but I think that as works GANG modes is correct, and
the Manual speaks very well: the NOTES are good to understand better as
it works.
And like AndreaPAz wrote, your patches 1 and 2 "for in_out_selection"
are really good. Thanks, Andrew_R!

For the question about using "GANG Channels" and "GANG Media" with
Highligh (high priority) and/or In-Out points (low priority) selection
to insert an Effect (Plugin):
I would write in the Manual that it works with DragAndDrop from the
Resources to Timeline.
If you are using  Menu-> Audio-> Attach Effect..., and you want
propagate the effect to its Slave track the "Attach single standalone
and share others", in the Dialog window, have to be checked.
If you are using RMB on the Master track to add an Effect, only on this
track  will be inserted the Effect. In this last case could be better
changing the behaviour, and share the Effect to its Slave track but I am
not sure.

> In theory I can try to implement some kind of checkbox/toggle
>         between those two modes (named like 'respect armed state in
>         gang modes'), but for now may be patch listing in manul ('if
>         you want to change default behavior just change those lines,
>         like shown here') will be enough..?

I think it is not a good idea, sorry; it might create more confusion.
The GANG modes are very clear and they are written in the Manual. Like
me, if you want to use the usual behaviour you use "GANG None" which is
the deafult.

Thanks and sorry for the long discussion (and sorry for my bad English)!

IgorBeg