[Cin] arm/disarm track confusion

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Aug 9 13:36:46 CEST 2021

I think you overreacted a bit. My patch does not break those modes, nor it
add any mode visible in gui.

sorry for some reason I can't reply accurately in the middle of message..
But I think quest about moving around pieces of audio AND pieces of video
as group, and preventing them from unintentional de-synchronization still
not very trivial in common case?

video you linked used 'protected' (disarmed) audio track. But in new gang
modes this will not work, because their armed status ignored?

On Monday, August 9, 2021, Igor BEGHETTO via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> Ohoo my God!
>
> AndrePaz wrote:
>
> Moreover, if we
> want to implement the standard behavior of Cinerella, so that an
> unarmed track is never modified whether it is visible or not, we must
> be sure that it is a separate function from the current Gang modes,
> creating a new type of gang and explaining very well its function,
> because the risk of confusion is great and the subject is already
> complicated.
>
> AndreaPaz, it sound strange to me you are speaking so.
> If an User want the Cinelerra-GG standard behaviour for the Armed/Disarmed
> track She/He can use GANG None!
> No separateor new function is needed because it is already there: GANG
> None. And in the Manual_20210731 section 5.2.1 (Displaying tracks: Ganged
> mode) is written very well:
> *1. Gang None: this is the default mode and is the traditional way
> Cinelerra operates. If you never toggle the "Gang Tracks" button,
> everything operates normally as it always has.*
> For default a new user will find Cinelerra-GG in "Gang None" mode. If an
> User press the GANG button (and other buttons) without reading the Manual
> and without know what She/He am doing, I am sorry, Cinelerra-GG is not for
> you.
>
> I use all the GANG modes for save space and other, without any problem.
> May be my workflow is different from yours.

 what if someone need both arm/disarm functionality AND gang modes other
than none, at the same time?