[Cin] old script - mkframelist

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Dec 11 03:55:13 CET 2021

Andrea,
Latex problem in Auxiliaryprograms.tex that I tried several ways to fix.
If you have any idea how to fix this, please do so.
What happens is that "fi" in the image sequence example as shown here:
  if [ x$(dirname "$1") = x"$dir" ]; then
  f=./‘basename "$1"‘;
  else
  f="$1";
  fi
becomes a ligature, so that instead of 2 distinct characters of "f" and
"i", it is squished together "fi".  You do not necessarily notice this
UNTIL you copy the text to a file so you can execute it and then it does
not work correctly because it needs a real "fi" to complete the "if".  So
what I tried to fix it after looking it up on the internet was {}, "|, \/,
\klern0pt -- none of which fixed it.