[Cin] 2 little issue

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 1 20:13:55 CET 2021

Walter,

IMHO I prefer to use environment variables as it was before $ CIN_BROWSER,
> since xdg-open, it opens the default browser, but and if I don't want it
> open the default browser, whatever the reason, it seems more configurable
> like
> this now .

Hopefully we can find a solution that works for everyone.  Using
$CIN_BROWSER caused a hang and that is why the switch to xdg-open.  As a
reminder, the hang occurred only when no browser was up already and the ?
help key in the Batch Render menu was clicked on -- then you could do no
more Cinelerra processing.

RafaMar,

Thanks for the feedback and I know that your programmer acquaintance is too
busy for in depth work.  And it is still very much appreciated!  I will see
if I can find another solution because I really like the ? key.
CinelerraGG programming really is much harder than anyone realizes and
takes a long, long time to understand all of the intricacies and still
problems creep in.