[Cin] Debate on batch render

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:21:33 CET 2021

Andrew,
Thanks for looking at this.  After I finish testing SGE's BT #538 html
improvements, I will at least try your suggestions and I plan to update the
manual to clarify simple usage of Batch Render.

Right now I can only suggest you to look at

> https://git.cinelerra-gg.org/git/?p=goodguy/cinelerra.git;a=blob;f=cinelerra-5.1/cinelerra/batchrender.C;h=6dcdbc62f69fd7bf8fcd0015f011de87b2e93786;hb=HEAD

> basically try to comment out action:
>
> // thread->update_selected_edl();
>
> put two "/" before this line, and recompile.

> May be it has something to do with internal use of batch render, for
> DVD/BD creation ?
>
> YES !! I think I remember that it was implemented to facilitate DVD/BD
creation because there was much debugging involved that was tedious.
There are *about 250,000 lines of intertwined program code* in Cinelerra-GG
proper and rewriting code is not like rewriting a book's paragraph - it is
generally non-trivial and requires more than just knowledge of C++.