[Cin] Debate on batch render

Rafa Mar Multimedia en Gnu\Linux rafamar.mm.ig at gmail.com
Sun Jan 10 19:10:10 CET 2021

At no point did I say that the batch rendering function should be removed.
It was precisely Ugin's query that made me take a look at the Batch Render
wizard.
The only thing I have indicated is that this assistant has two functions
that do not make any sense.
1 Save to EDL Path can destroy your work
2 Warn if jobs/session mismatchet causes an error, and this function is
linked to the first one.
What Igor explained in his article in Russian is absurd and very dangerous,
both professionals and amateurs when they want to make different versions
of a project do not go to the Batch Render window, but simply make several
versions with save as.

I can't imagine any hobbyist, much less a professional using an application
that puts their work at risk.

I remember that it is only a recommendation to improve and make a useful,
logical tool that does not create problems, and above all that it works and
not with meaningless options that cause errors like the "x job EDLs do not
match session edl" bug.
Greetings Rafa.