[Cin] exportEDL, timecode patches

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Jul 5 19:30:44 CEST 2021

Updated patches, this time I tried to import resulting edl into Final Cut
Pro for PPC Mac (mac os 9.2.2 on qemu/andoid 0.o) and they worked at least
cuts show up, and dissolves (there currently no code for handling wipes)

I am not sure if ^z^z tail actually harmless, you can comment writing this
tail in patches if unsure/want to test different NLE

yeah, I missed newline after FCM line, and last line in file..

for my surprize FCP 1.2.5 (from 1999!) uses Windows line endings (seen as
^M in mcedit) - may be they were re-using dos/windows code there?

I simply run 'unix2dos -f' on edl file from patched CinGG and then
optionally set Document/creator attribs (mac-specific, under Macos 7.5.5 in
Basilisk2 emulator, with ResEdit app) to TEXT/KeyG (four symbols for each,
case-sensitive! ) - this allowed FCP to see my edl correctly, but you can
select 'show all files' in import->edl menu under 'file' menu item..