[Cin] CinGG crash rendering high fps

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue Jul 6 01:05:58 CEST 2021

On Monday, July 5, 2021, Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> > Maybe we need a section on Color Management?
> >
> Unfortunately, I'm not able to talk about how CinGG handles colors.
> There are too many points I don't understand and the few I do intuit
> are probably wrong.
> I've tried asking Adam Williams who also replied:
>
> "There is no color management workflow.  They shouldn't sell it as a
> replacement for Davinci Resolve."
>
> Which, as you can see, doesn't clarify anything, other than his temper.
> :-)
>
> It's a problem we don't have experts who know the field because,
> especially in this days, it's a very important point.

yeahhh...

I can't wrap my head around even simple concepts..

And apparently fast enough (for FHD/++ videoplayback) color managment
demand either VERY fast CPU or OpenCl (and free OpenCl drivers not in great
shape.. no OpenCL <-> OpenGL interop, so I can't just bolt some ocl code on
top of existing CinGg infrastructure..)

https://littlecms.com/blog/2019/10/02/througput-babl/

times measured in seconds (for 32 bit per ch floating point  image)
definitely not great for sw playback of video... But may be we can write to
Marti and talk about our little problem?