[Cin] 4k test videos from Ultravideo (very huge!)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 15:58:52 CEST 2021

On Wednesday, June 16, 2021, mnieuw--- via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> I have downloaded this CityAlley file, 3.5GB 7z file.
> Unzipped it is a 15G file with the name
> CityAlley_3840x2160_50fps_10bit.yuv .
>
> Trying to load it in CinGG 2021-05 AppImage does not work, it just
> seems to do nothing. Not even accepted as resource only. If I set the
> format to 368x2160p50 RGBA float, and select the file, load strategy
> "concatenate to existing tracks", then click "apply", a window comes
> saying "... format couldn't be determined, assume raw PCM , and shows
> audio format choices. Which obviously is not correct.
>
> No errors when started in a terminal.
> The "file" command does not seem to know what kind of file it is
> either, it just says "data".
>
> I assume that because it is raw, CinGG (or the "file" cmd) cannot
> determine what file it is. I have not looked into the file header.

yeah, I think autodetection of raw yuv video is one feature of y4m format..

YUV4MPEG2 W352 H144 F25:1 Ip A0:0 C444p16 XYSCSS=444P16 XCOLORRANGE=FULL
FRAME

from y4m header of file I did with my patched cingg/ffmpeg....

try to manually streamconvert this yuv file with ffmpeg?

like ffmpeg - i file.yuv -c:v copy -s 3680x2160 - r 50 -
pix_fmt=yuv444p10le -f yuv4mpegpipe file.y4m

(from memory)