[Cin] [spam?] Re: CinGG crash rendering high fps

Georgy Salnikov sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru
Mon Jun 28 04:46:08 CEST 2021

On Sun, 27 Jun 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin wrote:

> Not sure I understood everything you said.  I was confused by the
> MotionHVScan error message but then I checked the
> code base, and I saw that error is in motion-hv and motion2point both.  So

Phyllis, Mat, the source files of the obsolete motion-hv plugin are still
used in the motion2point and in the interpolatevideo plugin.

I expect, all kinds of motion plugins and their friends may have problems
when used in the same time with engines which increase frame rate. Frame
rate per definition cannot be increased without either duplicating some
frames or generating them in some even more intellectual way. But to work
reliably, Motion requires access to all actual frames. Therefore it does
matter if Motion is used before or after the other plugin which increases
frame rate. And if frame rate is increased not via a plugin but via some
project setting, then one has to figure out which frames Motion gets, the
frames as they were at the source frame rate or that after shuffling.

I personally am paranoid in this aspect and apply any plugins which, like
Motion, can behave differently depending on the 'play every frame' setting,
only at the source frame rate, and all the rest apply later.

Georgy Salnikov
NMR Group
Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
Phone   +7-383-3307864
Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru