[Cin] Short list of what is currently being worked on here

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Tue May 11 06:50:30 CEST 2021

On Tuesday, May 11, 2021, Phyllis Smith via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>
wrote:

> Just a short update list of what i know to be currently active and in
> order of priority:
>
> 1) Continued testing/documentation of Georgy's *alt/h "Help"*
> implementation (has been checked into GIT). Andrea has been keeping the
> documentation up to date.

Yeah, very cool!! (sorry can't test personally - I send email to termux
maillist showing my patches and describing my problems with thread
library.. But no answer so far..)

> 2) Testing of Andrew's fix of *Memory leak* that DeJay discovered and I
> had commented out to get past it temporarily (I am having trouble with my
> tests because I deleted the case that I was using that easily displayed the
> issue so that I could tell that it is now fixed).  But this is important to
> get the correction in.
> 3) *FFmpeg 4.4 upgrade* with Andrea and me testing what we can and Andrew
> providing the "real work" with patches/how-to/etc.
> 4) A "freelancer" has been tasked with working on BT #559 - the *fade/flash
> bug* when using alpha in the Title Plugin and Dissolve Transition.  It is
> not clear if this person is up to the challenge.

I have some suspiction this 'flash' might  be related to asynchronious
operation, So one frame arrives too late, or being inserted after main
operation just finished (due to some shared codepath invocked
unconditionally). But this is just guess.....

I remembrer transition code was reworked to support multithreading at some
point - was this bug present before this rework? Does this bug present in
HV 7.x?

5) *Histogram plugin* changes from HV 7.3 to include the option *for seeing
> Luma onl*y besides Color (I am struggling with this because the
> differences between HV and GG are becoming so diverse, that I do not think
> I will be able to sort it out).

Is there any way to view hv 7.3 sources online?

Thanks for all your work!