[Cin] Formats and Codecs in CinGG

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Sun Nov 21 13:21:57 CET 2021

> By adding extra codecs after the official distro installation:
> ffmpeg -v quiet -codecs | grep aac
>    DEAIL. aac                  AAC (Advanced Audio Coding) (decoders: aac
> aac_fixed libfdk_aac ) (encoders: aac libfdk_aac )
>    D.AIL. aac_latm             AAC LATM (Advanced Audio Coding LATM syntax)

I saw (I didn't know!) that the h264.mp4 (audio) preset uses the aac
codec. So CinGG already offers the possibility to render in aac. Maybe
it's better to change the name to "aac.mp4". I tried, but putting aac
in the name leads to a different "samples" option (s16 instead of
fltp) and it doesn't work. probably we should use the "libfdk_aac"
codec instead of just "aac" (which I don't know what it is and how it
works!). But this is not recognized because, i guess, thirdparty's
ffmpeg is not compiled with the option for aac audio.

> I think I have tested both methods, mostly in 2016/201, and just a few later.  (Beside I have digitized several analog S-video to DV video files and recorded them to BD-R data discs as backup. I have at least 20-30 of each Hi8 and HDV tapes left).

So let me understand the workflow:
1- import the DV files into the PC with firewire (what do you use?)
2- Create a new project in CinGG using the DV/HDV presets.
3- Upload the files to CinGG.
4- Use "Create BD" for BD authoring
5- Burn the structured files to a BD-R disc (directly from CinGG or
outside of it?).
Is this correct?

Thanks for all this info on topics I didn't know about!