[Cin] Crash on playback

Mark Goldberg marklgoldberg at gmail.com
Fri Jan 21 03:32:01 CET 2022

I could not get that to crash no matter what the settings. It seems it will
only do vdpau with X11, not X11 Opengl. With X11 Opengl, it says

err: Operation not permitted
FFStream::decode: failed
HW device init failed, using SW decode.

but it works fine with X11 direct render.

With X11 Direct Render it will play 10 bit 4K60 at 60 fps. I have a Nvidia
GTX-1050 with 2 GB on this computer. With the price of video cards, that is
all there is going to be.  I do have a GTX-1650 with 4 GB on another
computer that runs Fedora 34, but that is the entertainment computer that
is pretty much for watching the final result.

Regards,

Mark