[Cin] Images sequence

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 17:27:56 CET 2022

On Monday, March 7, 2022, Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com> wrote:

> > I am not sure it was designed as cross-application support? I mean,
> cingg can  load both TOC types, so it works...
> >
> > Are you concerned about more self-contained toc file for
> inter-application operability  or self-documentability reasons?
> >
> > How other apps (like Natron?) handle this?
>
> Sorry, I don't understand what you're asking.

yeah, this is info I was asking about - because it seems to me Cingg's
imagelist format might be not very  universal even in better form with file
pathes.

I think half-done toc file from image2 muxer kinda  normal - this is
another corner cut by cingg. She delegates creating sequence itself to
libavformat/image2 muxer and then rely on same (ffmpeg's) demuxer to
reconstruct real paths to images on loading.

it probably fixable, but I do not have clear idea how (ffmpeg module must
communicate list of images back to cingg internals)

Sorry about this confusion and thanks for actually testing this (cingg's
output as input for other apps)

file BT about it?

I still think dpx-from-ffmpeg a bit useful even if you need to  glue two
files together manually for now - due to possibility of encoding exact
range on timeline (with ffmpeg cmd line you need to know where to set your
cut points, less intuitive)

sorry about possible misunderstanding, again. May be documentation need
some additional sentence sayng that you need to use 'ffmpeg first' if one
uses ffmpeg's tiff/png image presets, so native demuxer will not choke over
incomplete toc file?

I tried to do a dpx render; it came with all the images and a TOC file
> that doesn't have the links to the images. Then I created a second TOC
> file using imagelist.sh. A TOC came up with the links to the dpx
> images. This doesn't work when imported into CinGG; it's obvious
> because imagelist.sh uses only jpeg images and not dpx.
> So I took the first TOC and pasted in the links from the second TOC.
> This TOC+ works in CinGG and Natron; it doesn't work in Kdenlive and
> OpenShot (but I don't know if these programs support DPX).

can you attach both toc files so i can experiment on them? (hopefully just
some sed +  redirection will be enough - but i do not know those tools from
my memory - so i'll search online for manuals / examples)