[Cin] question about dvd.dvd profile

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 00:28:25 CET 2022

On Sunday, March 20, 2022, Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Andrew (off-topic from Subject line).
>
> Maybe I can test that today AFTER I finish testing removal of libavdevice
>>> from ffmpeg.  I am having trouble getting video to be captured because of
>>> "bad file format" but got audio captured just fine.  I am fairly certain
>>> that it can be removed, but I still want to make sure I can get the video
>>> capture to work anyway -- it reacts the same before and after the
>>> 0002-Remove libavdevice... patch is in.  So it is just that I do not know
>>> what I am doing.
>>>

>> are you capturing from tuner or webcam?
>>
>> some laptop webcams offer both mjpeg and yuvy (?) streams, so mjpeg one
>> errors out (as I noticed in bugtracker) but yuy2 still works (if recording
>> to ffmpeg-type video).
>>
> Thanks for the "webcam" hint -- by changing the Video Driver to JPEG
> Webcam instead of Video4Linux2 JPEG, I am able to see the Video and hear
> the Audio correctly.   But I have tried many, many combinations of FFmpeg,
> like mp4, y4m, and yuv and always still get "bad file format".   Also, when
> trying without ffmpeg using "MPEG stream" (had to force this) and JPEG
> Sequence, and so on, still get bad file format.  Running out of ideas to
> test on the laptop and do not want to boot the desktop where I saw it work
> a few years ago.

it fails with may 2020 cin all the same on x86 Sandybridge-era laptop

https://www.cinelerra-gg.org/bugtracker/view.php?id=590

i think proper way to fix this is to use new jpeg decompress vframe
functions (introduced for reading jpeg compressed transitions), but I do
not have even sketch for this....