[Cin] blds/bld_prepare.sh update

mat mnieuw at zap.a2000.nl
Wed Mar 30 00:14:14 CEST 2022

On Tue, 2022-03-29 at 21:53 +0200, Andrea paz wrote:
> > I'll try to install an Arch Linux VM ...
>
> Be careful though: Manjaro has its own repositories that are not
> synchronized with Arch's. So it may happen that Arch has an updated
> package and Manjaro doesn't yet. This might explain why Manjaro works
> and Arch doesn't.
>
> Endevour OS only has 2 more "aesthetic" repositories than Arch. All
> the important ones are exactly the same. So it's to be expected that
> if compilation doesn't work in Arch then it won't work in Endevour
> either.
> I suggest you to install Endevour (some of my friends have it without
> having problems) that is much faster or, at the limit, Arch with the
> arch-install script that automates a little the installation.
>
> PS: How do you test "needed packages"? I could try that.

Arch install is rather primitive from the ISO. just a little less bad
then Gentoo.. I don't know the arch-install script.

Once I have a working VM with Arch, I make a snapshot without any extra
packages.
Get the CinGG source, then start building it. ./configure will report
multiple missing things, find out which packages they are in, install
those, see if they fix at least that problem, and record those as
needed. And so on until .configure goes OK and CinGG builds.
Create a new entry for Arch/Manjaro/Endeavour in blds_prepare, add the
notted packages, save the file outside the Arch machine.
Shutdown, restore the snapshot from before the package install, get the
CinGG source again, update bld_prepare.sh with the saves one, run it,
see if CinGG builds.

What is the reason you are using Arch instead of Manjaro or Endeavour?

MatN