[Cin] Issues related to Motion Plugin

Miroslav Rovis miro.rovis at croatiafidelis.hr
Wed Sep 28 16:18:23 CEST 2022

On 220928-13:48+0700, Georgy Salnikov wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2022, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> > Here's how my tentative with the shaker2.xml and the video went:
> > https://croatiafidelis.hr/foss/cap/cap-220925-cinelerra/pg-220926-motion.php
> > The files necessary are there (as I got them in email that
> > missed to be sent to Cin ML).
> >
> > Why it did not produce the expected result? (I haven't examined
> > the XML-after yet, but it's available on the page.)
>
> Miroslav, you have tested everything right. Your result is the
> same as mine.
>
> OK, the result is in reality not perfect. By finer tuning the
> plugin parameters and keyframes placement achieving better
> results is in principle possible. But this particular example
> was only a testcase for me - to verify that the algorithm
> works. Getting visually perfect results was not my goal.
>
> Georgy Salnikov
> NMR Group
> Novosibirsk Institute of Organic Chemistry
> Lavrentjeva, 9, 630090 Novosibirsk, Russia
> Phone   +7-383-3307864
> Email   sge at nmr.nioch.nsc.ru

Well, that clears some of my doubts regarding motion plugin.
Thanks!

And there is one good thing this demostrates, if your result and
my result are identical: consistency of the program, It may be
long to go to get reproducibility [*]. I hope Cinelerra will be
reproducible one day.

Regards, kind developer!

----
[*] such as e.g. Debian is
striving for: https://wiki.debian.org/ReproducibleBuilds . I for
myself can state that when I compiled Getmail, I did get the
exact same binaries out as the then current getmail package in
Debian, as I reported in https://github.com/getmail6/getmail6/issues/123
However, long to go for Debian to be really reproducible as
well.

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia