[Cin] Again on plugins in floating point (HDR)

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sat Dec 2 04:06:42 CET 2023

пт, 1 дек. 2023 г., 23:59 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> Thanks Andrew; you and I have already talked about this at length, I
> hope there is someone knowledgeable enough to go through the Histogram
> Bezier code to find out how to overcome the "0 - 1.0" range. Another
> important (but probably even more complex) thing would be to be able
> to get your patches to work for the X11-OpenGL driver as well, which I
> think is the most widely used.
>
> Speaking of patches, can I ask you the favor of creating a patch that
> encapsulates the changes to histogram.C and color3way.C?

Well, I think you can do it yourself?

git add plugins/color3way/color3way.C
git add plugins/histogram/histogram.C

git commit

(it may ask you for name/email - just follow on-screen instructions -
copy/paste commands setting name and email)

then you might also check that EDITOR variable contain your favourite
editor. I set it to mcedit, as ex-DOS user ( I can quit from vi, but this
is about as much as I know!)

After you commited changes this way you will see them in 'git log' So you
can

git format-patch {-o dirname } long_string_git_commit

A patch to be
> installed with "git am ..." (with a .patch extension). I am doing a
> lot of builds and it is tedious for me to edit the code manually.
>
> Finally, a consideration. Without your patches the RGBA-FLOAT color
> model is almost useless with plugins because it allows unclipped
> calculations only for Gamma and Blue Banana. With your patches almost
> all plugins work in floating point (even Videoscope, without the
> "smooth" option); only HistEQ and Histogram Bezier remain excluded. So
> I think your patches are an important addition to CinGG. Do you think
> it's better to try to make an appimage with your patches so that
> others can test them, or can we put them directly into git, since I've
> done a lot of testing by now without the slightest problem?

I do not know how situation with free space on server going - may be we can
replace previous test appimage with this new suggested one? I'll leave
decision.to Sam and Phyllis .....