[Cin] python3.12 venv

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Dec 20 02:22:42 CET 2023

ср, 20 дек. 2023 г., 03:38 Phyllis Smith <phylsmith2017 at gmail.com>:

> Was looking for a way to set python3.12 for system or specific project.
>>
>> found this gist for Ubuntu under WSL2
>>
>> https://gist.github.com/4sskick/19f071f0b454849b03c31d753527d86a
>>
>> But I hope last four  lines are universal:
>>
>> { cd to cinelerra-gg's source root where autogen.sh is first, I think }
>>
>> For some reason Fedora 38 does not recognize 3.12 (python --version still
> says 3.11) so I can not really apply this.

are you sure you do not have /usr/bin/python3.12 or something ? Easy top
links all talk about Ubuntu/Debian, some suggest to use
update-alternatives, some warning AGAINST its use in python case especially

However, Fedora 39 is now available and it has python 3.12 as default.
> Since this is an experimental partition, I will attempt this tomorrow when
> my brain is in better shape.

Sleep well, walk out and back with your dog :) who I hope is ok.