[Cin] Updated x265 snapshot from another thread

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 02:24:31 CET 2023

> Now with patches 0010-... and 0013-... the compilation of the multibit
> version happens successfully; thanks.
> I didn't understand what the 17122023 patch brings again.

Without the patch you can not render 10 or 12 bit.

> PS1: compile time is still just over 4 min, on my system.

Nice!
I am trying to get 3 things all ready to test on other systems -- HDR,
libaom 3.8, and x265 -- so when I do, I will check to make sure multibit
compile works there too and make it a default.  Even if it takes longer for
me.  At one point I thought that if you rendered 8-bit on the multibit
x265, it would result in a bigger file than on the build non-multibit
system.  But I did a render test today and the files were exactly the same.