[Cin] Updated x265 snapshot from another thread

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 15:04:21 CET 2023

чт, 21 дек. 2023 г., 16:39 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> >> I didn't understand what the 17122023 patch brings again.
> > Without the patch you can not render 10 or 12 bit.
>
> I meant whether the 0010 patch only served termux or changed the
> libraries as well, because I experienced a very high rendering speed
> increase (about 10/20 fps more). That's a very big jump (and
> welcome!).
>
> > I am trying to get 3 things all ready to test on other systems -- HDR,
> libaom 3.8, and x265 -- so when I do, I will check to make sure multibit
> compile works there too and make it a default.  Even if it takes longer for
> me.  At one point I thought that if you rendered 8-bit on the multibit
> x265, it would result in a bigger file than on the build non-multibit
> system.  But I did a render test today and the files were exactly the same.
>
> As you said, for me also the size of the files obtained with the
> multibit and std versions is identical, as is the quality (to the eye)
> of the video. The rendering speed is similar (just faster the std
> version, but by a little). I would be for eliminating the std version
> and using only the multibit, but on this point I would like to hear
> everyone's opinion.
>
> @Andrew: could you tell me again all the patches to use to test libaom?

0001-EXPERIMENTAL-enable-opencl-on-termux-also-libmediaco.patch
0009-Update-libaom-to-3.8.0.patch

and put libaom-v3.8.0 tarball in thirdparty/src
for testing non-compatible with ub16 update

0011-Move-libaom-back-to-3.6.1-for-ubuntu-16-cmake-3.5.patch

0012-Add-libaom-3.6.1-patches.patch

move avay libaom-v3.8.0 tarball and patches from thirdparty/src, put in
libaom-v3.6.1 tarball
For testing Ubuntu16 compatible variant (big cmake change breaking old
cmake 3.5.1 build happened in libaom-3.7.0).

Not sure if rendering result (speed, quality) will be different on your
machine or not,  by changelog 3.8.0 should be faster.