[Cin] Updated x265 snapshot from another thread

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 21 22:57:59 CET 2023

> > I am trying to get 3 things all ready to test on other systems -- HDR,
> libaom 3.8, and x265 -- so when I do, I will check to make sure multibit
> compile works there too and make it a default.  Even if it takes longer for
> me.  At one point I thought that if you rendered 8-bit on the multibit
> x265, it would result in a bigger file than on the build non-multibit
> system.  But I did a render test today and the files were exactly the same.
>
> As you said, for me also the size of the files obtained with the
> multibit and std versions is identical, as is the quality (to the eye)
> of the video. The rendering speed is similar (just faster the std
> version, but by a little). I would be for eliminating the std version
> and using only the multibit, but on this point I would like to hear
> everyone's opinion.

Compiling with multibit on Ubuntu 16, results in an Error in the log file,
although it seems to work anyway.  Errors are:
./libx265_main12.a(api.cpp.o): In function
`x265_12bit::x265_api_get_208(int)':
api.cpp:(.text+0x2004): undefined reference to `dlopen'
api.cpp:(.text+0x201c): undefined reference to `dlsym'
api.cpp:(.text+0x20ad): undefined reference to `dlopen'
./libx265_main12.a(api.cpp.o): In function `x265_12bit::x265_api_query(int,
int, int*)':
api.cpp:(.text+0x2167): undefined reference to `dlopen'
api.cpp:(.text+0x217f): undefined reference to `dlsym'
api.cpp:(.text+0x224d): undefined reference to `dlopen'
make[5]: *** [x265] Error 1
make[4]: *** [CMakeFiles/cli.dir/all] Error 2
make[3]: *** [all] Error 2

Have not tested Debian 9.1 32-bit yet as am getting hung up on cause of
error.