[Cin] Natron, background render and MantisBT #635

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 17 17:53:11 CET 2023

пт, 17 февр. 2023 г., 19:27 Andrea paz via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> I am writing in the mailing list because today I cannot post on
> MantisBT. However, we had gone OT from the original request.
>
> @Andrew-R
> Your idea of how to do the Natron/CinGG interaction is also mine,
> otherwise you fall back to rendering to go to another program and then
> again rendering to go back to CinGG.
>
> There is imagelist.sh
> (
> https://cinelerra-gg.org/download/CinelerraGG_Manual/Image_Sequence_Creation.html
> )
> but I could not get it to work. Other solutions found on the net also
> do not work for me. Sorry, my inability...
>
> Natron (Write node) overwrites the imported images, keeping their
> exact name (which is the frame number) and path. These are read by
> CinGG: until a new background render starts, on the Compositor window
> we see the frames altered in Natron. However, this sequence of images
> applies only to the timeline view: if we add filters or do a final
> render of the project, the original source is used and not the frames
> altered in Natron.

I thought we always can add cingg filters, then set background render, then
alter its output in Natron ...

but if cingg always read originals and not background render files ..:/
then my idea not viable. May be I can modify this behaviour too, but first
I need to experiment on my own, and currently I am stuck with my virtual
arm machine idea .... (natron does not work.on arm.currently, it seems, but
hopefully it just makefiles and not something deeper ...)