[Cin] Working on adding GPL license attribution for all program files
phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 5 03:24:30 CET 2023
> Well, in HV I see guicast files under GPL-2 OR later, not lgpl. There is
> some difference and I am not sure what is best.
Not sure what you mean? The GPL message I added says "either version 2
... or ... later" -- does not GPL-2 mean version 2?
Can i fwd this message to Adam, may be he will add some licensing to HV git
Also, because whole guicast was written by Adam I think adding him as line
> alongside Bill actually honest.
OK, no problem. I was wondering about that, but saw that Monty did not do
that for Blue Banana and there were other examples too. For example, Monty
* Cinelerra :: Blue Banana - color modification plugin for Cinelerra-CV
* Copyright (C) 2012-2013 Monty <monty at xiph.org>
* This program is free software;
> I yet to confirm (likely) source of initial ffmpeg.C - commit message says
> CV but I guess it was specific branch, not CV main.
I think that ffmpeg.C was added by Bill but it was probably derived
in FFmpeg code.
> Also, as IgorV noticed because CinGG merged code from CV too it will be
> honest if we add line like "Cinelerra CV contributors, 2003-2016" ( I
> think this is range when CV project was most active - but I need to
> doublecheck.) to our startup message and increment cingg year to 2022 at
> least because we still alive !
OK, no problem, but I think that Adam will object to that.
> says fileffmpeg loader based on HV - 4.1 but heavily modified.
> Also, did you linked google code repo to our webpage already?
No, I thought google code repo was no longer supported? -- at least that is
a message I thought Google put out? What is the URL? I do not want to
confuse CinGG with all of the rest of the other Cinelerra type repos out
there -- there are 10's of them and maybe even hundreds.
IMPORTANT -- I am NOT changing any currently existing GPL messages because
there are literally thousands of them. I am only adding messages when I
see they are missing altogether. For example in Guicast, I only added
messages to the 19 files that had none -- there are 219 files in that
directory and that is the smallest one needed to be done.
I have done more than just these 19 but if the message is wrong then I have
to do all of them over again. Please provide the message you think I
should add instead. Or correct the one below that I have added both Adam
and CV to for when I have to add a missing attribution even though neither
have that program file in existence in their directories. For anything
that I have to add a message to that is in HV-8, I just have added whatever
** Copyright (C) 2023 Adam Williams <broadcast at earthling dot net>*
** Copyright (C) 2003-2016 Cinelerra CV contributors*
* Copyright (C) 2020 William Morrow
* This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it
* under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published
* by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or
* (at your option) any later version.
* This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but
* WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of
* MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU
* Lesser General Public License for more details.
* You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public
* License along with this library; if not, write to the Free Software
* Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Cin