[Cin] executable stacks are bad...m-kay?

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Jan 11 11:30:11 CET 2023

ср, 11 янв. 2023 г., 13:03 Rob Prowel via Cin <cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Thought this went away in my Jan-2023 git pull, but apparently not.
> Looked in my dmesg output and saw this again.
>
> process 'sharebin/cingg2301/bin/cin' started with executable stack
>
> Why?  A consequence of the plug-in system? a poorly designed 3rdparty
> library? an oversight?
>

> --

I think this is due to embedding icon 'object' (lots of png files
concatenated) into main executable ...

from cinelerra/Makefile

$(THEME_DATA):
        cd $(OBJDIR) && \
        $(GUICAST)/$(OBJDIR)/bootstrap theme_data.o
$(TOPDIR)/picon/cinfinity/*.png

(also I thought we hoped to optipng them, if quality not suffer ...)

stack segments are generally marked as no-exec to protect against using