[Cin] two more patches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 22:10:21 CET 2023

Great! they have been tested a little and checked into GIT.
Results from the VP9 rendering of a 4K video on the AMD Epyc with 128
cores, although I set "threads" to 64 (the usual "cows" downloadable one -
I like this one because I grew up on a farm with cows) before and after:

Before - 437 seconds (threads=64 and only did a selection, not the whole
video)
After   - 313 seconds (same here)

But it seems to have slowed down just a very little on a non-4K video - not
so as you would notice on a small video.

Before - 71 seconds
After    - 74 seconds