[Cin] Tool for timelinging and multitrack exports

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 29 02:21:13 CET 2023

сб, 28 янв. 2023 г., 21:49 Stefan de Konink via Cin <
cin at lists.cinelerra-gg.org>:

> Hi,
>

> I think this scenario has passed by on the mailinglist before, and I might
> because of how I work, be more attracted to these kinds of problems than
> others that mainly do non-linear work.

While I think I can't even start on implementing those ideas I have
question: did you tried to use 'split timeline' feature, so each cam put on
same teack but at wildly different time and you have 2-4 zones for working
on each one? (mostly by cutting things to another track?) Or I completely
misuderstand how split timeline works in cin ...

--

but how you will tell users there is like 1, min of content, and there is
5m? By some markets? Should those 'edits' expand individually when needed?

>  1. "automatically" construct such timeline each track(group) being
>     from a single device, which typically atomically can only produce
>     a single stream of content by means of metadata

> ---

how you think should work,  is there something like cameraID or you need to
associate some user-know metadata key to specific camera, so you can say
send all medias with this metadata to specific track or media bin?

>  2. having some tooling that can do macro alignment, independent
>     of metadata (for example by audio fingerprinting)

interesting idea, does any libre NLE currently have such functionality?

>  3. having some tooling that can do micro alignment

> --

Like 'move this segment few frames left/right' as context  menu option?

>  4. export this in either some EDL format or multitrack format
>     being NLE independent

---

I'll try to look into it a bit more, but no promices (cmx3600 only had few
audio tracks, but may be there were unofficial extensions ...)