[Cin] dvdcreate and filempeg patches

Phyllis Smith phylsmith2017 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 20:06:23 CEST 2023

> t is good the way you have it.  Before the patch, when progressive media
> was input and the Deinterlace box was NOT checked, "mediainfo" always
> displayed "Interlaced, Top Field First".  Mediainfo is not always 100%.
>

> Phyllis;
> In comparision, how is the video detected with ffmpeg  -filter:v idet

I checked a couple of CinGG dvd_... created directories (since I have been
doing so much testing, did not want to check all 50 though).  Displaying
result of one:

*Mediainfo results:  *
  Scan type                                : Interlaced
  Scan order                              : Top Field First

*ffmpeg -filter:v idet  -frames:v 100  ... of same file:*
Input #0, mpegvideo, from '/tmp/dvd_20230606-101640/dvd.m2v':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, smpte170m, *top
first*), ...
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x445b640] Repeated Fields: Neither:   101 Top:     0
Bottom:     0
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x445b640] Single frame detection: *TFF:     0 BFF:     0
Progressive:    69 Undetermined:    32*
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x445b640] Multi frame detection: *TFF:     0 BFF:     0
Progressive:    86 Undetermined:    15*

*BUT when run it over the entire file instead of just 100 frames:*
Input #0, mpegvideo, from '/tmp/dvd_20230606-101640/dvd.m2v':
  Duration: N/A, bitrate: N/A
    Stream #0:0: Video: mpeg2video (Main), yuv420p(tv, smpte170m, *top
first*), ...
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x42c04c0] Repeated Fields: Neither:   679 Top:     0
Bottom:     0
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x42c04c0] Single frame detection: *TFF:    10 BFF:     3*
Progressive:   487 Undetermined:   179
[Parsed_idet_0 @ 0x42c04c0] Multi frame detection: *TFF:    18 BFF:     4*
Progressive:   642 Undetermined:    15

Getting too bogged down in interlacing -- the only thing that is important
is what it actually looks like on the TV or monitor that it will actually
be viewed on !!