[Cin] CinGG/NLE comparison

Andrea paz gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com
Mon Sep 11 16:41:52 CEST 2023

By now my mental abilities have greatly decayed, so what I write and
say must be carefully corrected. Sorry.
I didn't remember CTRL+Z anymore; thanks for the correction.

> It is in the "Cutting a Region" paragraph and reads "Note that we reason about the tracks and not the clips."  What does this mean?

>From what I understand, in CinGG they count the tracks; the clips are
simply "pasted" on top of the tracks. When you select or cut a region
(or apply filters and keyframes), it is the active track that is
affected. If there are also edits in that region they will also be
affected, but only because they are on the track and not because the
actions taken affect them exclusively (as is the case in PP).
Another example: if you select a region the selection affects the
whole timeline (the stack of tracks) while if you apply an effect it
affects only one track and not the whole timeline.
I appeal to everyone: is what I said correct? What are the actions
that affect the entire timeline, those that affect individual tracks,
and finally those that affect edits? It would be nice to get clarity
on these points (at least for me, maybe for you there is no
ambiguity).

I have integrated your odt and script and made other corrections.