[Cin] ffmpeg 7.0 soon to be released

Andrew Randrianasulu randrianasulu at gmail.com
Wed Apr 24 13:57:57 CEST 2024

ср, 24 апр. 2024 г., 14:51 Andrea paz <gamberucci.andrea at gmail.com>:

> > well, this is even with my latest patch?
> Sorry for the late response. Below is what
> is written in the terminal from loading the media in timeline, then
> the render and finally
> the subsequent loading of the render to timeline:
>
> file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
>   err: Invalid argument
> Render::render_single: Session finished.
> ** rendered 1019 frames in 50.335 secs, 20.244 fps
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
> audio0 pad 8 -143 (151)
> audio0 pad 0 -143 (143)
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
> FFStream::decode: avcodec_send_packet failed.
> file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
>   err: Invalid argument
> FFStream::decode: failed
> HW device init failed, using SW decode.
> file:/home/paz/test/4-3_3-2.mov
>   err: Invalid argument
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /home/paz/igor_test3.webm
> FFMPEG::open_decoder: some stream times estimated:
> /home/paz/igor_test3.webm

hm, so hw decoding of vp9 does not work? Only on this version or on
previous ffmpeg 6.1 based cingg too?

> Also, you can try to run cin via qemu-x86_64 user level emulator with
> different -cpu parameters, may be bug surface only on specific cpus .....
> I have the latest Ubuntu on qemu, but I don't quite understand what I
> need to do. What
> parameters of the processor should I use?

if you run qemu with -cpu help it should print long list of supported
processors ... Note, in this specific case I mean not full system emulation
(qemu-system-*) but purely user-space component running directly on host
kernel. It was unable to catch some alignment problems in my case, but for
making your cpu unusually slow it definitely works!