[Cin] HDV 1080i to DVD 16x9 with MP2 audio

Terje J. Hanssen terjejhanssen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 29 20:55:17 CET 2024

Den 29.01.2024 18:30, skrev Terje J. Hanssen:

> [...]
>> sure why.
>
> I've seen that before. But now it works using Einhander's latest rpm
> on Leap: built: Jan 28 2024 04:01:19
> The only thing it reports error on, is my last mentioned missing
> "dvd.mpg".... Terminal output below:
>
>     Render::render_single: Session finished.
>     Render::render_single: Session finished.
>     ** rendered 10452 frames in 174.322 secs, 59.958 fps
>     running
>     /home/terje/Videoklipp/M2T-MOV/dvd_16x9_ffmpeg_hdv_20240129-174118/dvd.sh
>        INFO: [mplex] mplex version 2.0.0 (2.2.7 $Date: 2010/03/13
>     13:05:07 $)
>     **ERROR: [mplex] Unable to open file
>     /home/terje/Videoklipp/M2T-MOV/dvd_16x9_ffmpeg_hdv_20240129-174118/dvd.ac3
>     for reading.
>     DVDAuthor::dvdauthor, version 0.7.2.
>     Build options: gnugetopt imagemagick iconv freetype fribidi
>     Send bug reports to <dvdauthor-users at lists.sourceforge.net>
>
>     INFO: default video format is PAL
>     INFO: dvdauthor creating VTS
>     STAT: Picking VTS 01
>
>     STAT: Processing
>     /home/terje/Videoklipp/M2T-MOV/dvd_16x9_ffmpeg_hdv_20240129-174118/dvd.mpg...
>     ERR:  2 opening input video file
>     "/home/terje/Videoklipp/M2T-MOV/dvd_16x9_ffmpeg_hdv_20240129-174118/dvd.mpg"
>     -- No such file or directory
>     To burn dvd, load blank media and run:
>     growisofs -dvd-compat -Z /dev/dvd -dvd-video
>     /home/terje/Videoklipp/M2T-MOV/dvd_16x9_ffmpeg_hdv_20240129-174118/iso
>     Terminert
>

>>>     On the batch render window: Enable the audiotrack,
>>>     select File format MPEG Audio: then the audio file becomes dvd.mp3
>>>
>>>     Even then changing the wrench from default Layer III to Layer II
>>>     it keeps dvd.mp3
>>
>> This works the same way as Using LPCM for DVD -- that is, once you
>> switch from AC3 to Raw PCM, or in this case to MPEG Audio and Layer
>> II, the Output File extension in the upper left hand corner is
>> "highlighted" thus drawing your attention to modifying itto be mp2
>> instead.
> Ok, it is possible to just edit it there by hand
>>
>>      This is confusing because only MP2 (Audio Layer II) is supported
>>     on DVD-video
>>
>> Even though only MP2 is supported on DVD-video, MP3 works also on my
>> LG and Samsung!
> I have old A-one player labeled among others "MP3", a Toshiba labeled
> "DivX" and the Samsung BD player with "MKV" among supported playback
> formats..
> But those are optional formats different players may support or not,
> and not part of the DVD-Video or BD-Video standards. Therefore I think
> it is most important to  prioritize the mandatory standard formats,
> possibly with notice warning if trying to go beyond the mandatory
> formats for DVD-Video or BD-Video, when the purpose is to be most sure
> the medium will play in other players. (and beside, some "industry
> protection wars" between PAL and NTSC lands, LPCM and Dolby etc)

Grouping formats and features according to Wikipedia:

DVD-Video (standard formats)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video
DVD-Video/Audio (standard formats)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Audio_data

DVD player devices/Extra features (selling points)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Extra_features
Additional popular formats support
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DVD-Video#Players_and_recorders