[Cin] Multitrack performance issues

Stefan de Konink stefan at konink.de
Sun Jul 28 19:25:03 CEST 2024

Op 7/28/24 om 18:58 schreef Georgy Salnikov:
> On Sun, 28 Jul 2024, Stefan de Konink via Cin wrote:
>
>> In my opinion, Cinelerra must be able to guess this itself.
>
> Not sure that a software should always pretend to be smarter than the user.
> Such a software could become dangerous in some cases...

The point remains. Cinerella does composition. In order to do so, it
must know which content to place where. Something that is masked by a
top layer cannot be seen. This is the basic of composition.

So technically;
  - for every property change compute if the layer fully overlaps the
layers below it
  - this should basically prevent decoding of any further tracks

Now the second problem was that the video effect was still executing
while it was disabled. I don't know what you think about that, that is
just a bug for me.

I am aware that not many of you are into multitrack work, and it may
never have been a priority upstream.

--
Stefan